Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Za Cosmetics: Dramatic Eye Color in Violet

I am pretty new to Za Cosmetics, just had a few lipsticks some years ago as I received them as freebies with some eBay purchase.

Recently I scored a Dramatic Eye Color quad from eBay for around 10 bucks shipped as I was reading good reviews on other blogs and surely was curious to test this eyeshadow palette myself =D


To my knowledge Za is under Shiseido but is made in China. I am not sure if this brand is actually available in Japan but it seems to be widely available in Singapore and Hong Kong.

The overall design of the compact reminds me of Shiseido´s (discontinued?) brand ff as it´s a small transparent case with a silver mirror.
Each Dramatic Eye Color quad contains 4 colors from light to dark to define your eyes to make them look big, bright and well-defined.


The texture is silky albeit a bit powdery (which means it will dust a little when you pick up the shadows with the brush) and the level of pigment varies among the shades. The 2 darker ones show up well whereas the 2 lighter are very sheer (which is fine for me since they are mainly for highlighting!).

Staying power is ok though I found there was a little fading after a few hours of wear.


One thing I noticed is that for this specific eyeshadow palette you should use your own good brushes and an eyeshadow primer as I tried the sponge-tip applicator out of curiosity but it made an even application extremely difficult!


The Violet palette is really pretty, containing white, baby pink, lilac and a deep purple, all with shimmer.

These quads are affordable at about S$20, no idea of their retail price in other places.


Overall cute little palettes at affordable prices. To be very honest I´d rather pay a little more and get a palette from Kate, Majolica Majorca, Visée or Integrate. I think the Za quad is better than most Fasio palettes though!

3 comments:

galpal.hi said...

I used to be able to get Za in Hawaii but they stopped selling it here quite a while ago. I used to really like the cleansing line. I even used to use their powder foundation. I can't remember why I stopped using this line but when I wanted to go back, it was no longer to be found here.

*Kat*

vanilla said...

i was just wondering what mascara u used here?:)
all ur FOTD is just amazing but when i buy the exact same item,doesnt work for me
hahaha
would u do tutorial on EOTD?:)

Kathi said...

Hi Kat,
the powder foundation is probably the most popular product from ZA as it´s affordable but awesome otherwise from what I read.

Hi Vanilla,
I used Majolica Majorca lash base and the Lash Enamel Glamour NEO which they replaced recently with the sucky Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On. Granted I stocked up 5 tubes of my beloved mascara when it was discontinued hehe! =D

xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates